Saturday, February 25, 2012

Minecraft Catastrophe...

I just logged in yesterday to Minecraft, and look what happened to the city of Alimar...


    As you may notice, most of the logs that act as the frame for the house are gone.  This is because of a plugin that I added weeks earlier.  It is called QuickTree, and it allows you to take the bottom log block of a tree and the whole tree will be destroyed.  As I now know, people can take any log block that is connected to dirt and destroy it, which causes a chain reaction and destroys all the connected logs.  Although I placed those logs myself, the plugin cannot see that.  Someone came along yesterday and took out some of the logs, starting a "domino" effect, which destroyed all the logs.

    So to some this up in a quicker version, the city of Alimar is destroyed.  And we don't want to spend hours on end just to rebuild the frames of the houses.  It's not worth it.  We have decided to move on to a totally new project.  Although it will have the same style as Alimar, it will be a little different.  After doing some terrain editing and preparing for the new project, I'll post an update as soon as we can get something started.   (Trust me, this won't happen again, and I will be protecting our new build with a protection plugin.)

References:
>> The First and Final Post on the City of Alimar

No comments:

Post a Comment